Guided Zen Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
The School of Embodied Relaxation
I encourage my yoga-teacher students to become more trusting of their intuition, their experience and what is directly in front of them- the students. We will practice "reading the body" and learning the subtle cues constantly delivered from the students.
I teach from a "learning together" collaborative style of instruction. There is room and space for discovery, and that is part of what yoga is, discovering. Essentially, I teach what I know, and what I've actually experienced in my own body not what I don't. I ask the same of my students. Engaging with the world rather than a set of facts that you learned second-hand. You will ground more deeply in your own style and learn to refine and deepen your own way, not my style, or my way (although you are welcome to take from mine what suits you). I encourage my students to tap into their own knowing by creating, discovering and uncovering your pedagogical outlet, and authentic voice.
What you'll learn in Guided Zen Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Guided Zen RYTT course content:
- Sequencing, the art of floor-flow
- Anatomy basics as they apply to RY
- When the body rests, but the mind dosen't
- Creating a safe space
- Reading the body
- The power stillness/the fear of stillness
- Dealing with emotional baggage
- Music and Ambience
- Working effectively with props
Guided Zen Restorative Yoga Teacher Training course requirements:
- 200hr teacher training minimum
- 1 Page essay on relaxation as it applies to you
- Relax and Renew- Author, Judith Hanson Lasater, PH.D., P.T.
- Restorative Yoga with Assist- Author Sue Flamm (Puja)
Have a question about teacher training? Would you like to bring Guided Zen Restorative Yoga Training to your 200 or 300 hour yoga teacher training?